Thursday, March 31, 2011

WHATEVER I WANT!!!!!!

DANCE
A form of expression that uses the body to either portray a sense of emotion, or tell a story that can relate to the viewer. Dance is my favorite form of expression, and one winter I went with my mother to see Alvin Ailey's Dance Theater perform and my life was forever changed. I saw dance as a possible pastime for myself, so I started to take classes. I studied all kinds of dance, from ballet to modern to hip hop.



EXPRESSIONS
 This ballet theater carries on the tradition of its founder with a  special series that contains a peice called 'Revelations'. This piece is beautiful, engaging the audience from the first movement and carrying them through a stories that demonstrate the different states of humanity.



SHOW
Right now Alvin Ailey Dance Theater is on their North American tour, coming to California in the first week of April. I encourage anyone to go see them perform when they are presenting the 'Revelations' piece. It will make you laugh, it will make you cry, it will make you stare in awe and wonder at the beauty of the perils of  humanity. Attached is a clip from 'Revelations', watch it and be amazed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce5pQkUZdWI

1 comment:

  1. Tonika,
    I absolutely love your blog post today. Your passion for dance and admiration of Alvin Ailey Dance Theater was reflected through the words, photos and videos you chose. You've got me excited now about looking at dance differently. Please stay in touch and by all means, keep writing.

    I'm honored that our paths crossed today.

    Your Fan,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete